Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Hate Acronyms

Since I am new to the blogging world, do not text message and have a child in a special needs preschool, I have recently come across many acronyms that I have never seen before. I have to say I hate them. I hate that I have to attend CPSE (committee on preschool education) meetings to discuss my son's IEP (individual education plan), would not want to be labeled as a SAHM (stay at home mom) or a MOPS (mother of preschoolers). Has everyone become so lazy today that they can not complete a full sentence and have to abbreviate everything? Don't get me wrong, without being introduced to Roy G. Biv in grade school I would still not know the colors of the rainbow but come on!!!!

To go along with the other Mommy Acronyms, I have come up with a few of my own:
ASS (always someone's servant)
WITCH (woman is tired(of) children and husband)
MEAN (mom exhausted and nasty)
....only kidding, I wouldn't change my life for anything, but let's face it life is not always so easy.

I have recently found two more that I like, I will keep them with Mr. Biv:
NASCAR (numerous assholes simultaneously circling rednecks)
or
NASCAR (non-athletic sport centered around rednecks)

"TTFN"

No comments: