Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Barbecue Brisket

Holy Brisket, Bat Man!

My boys are on a super-hero kick lately so I have Bat Man (or how my 2 year old pronounces it But Man) on my mind.

If you are a fan of barbecue brisket, this slow cooker recipe was a huge hit with my family!!! I found it on allrecipes.com labeled Barbecued Beef Brisket but I will put it here:

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon celery seed

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 1/2 lb (or so) fresh beef brisket, trimmed

Sauce -

1/2 cup ketchup

1/2 cup chili sauce (plus a little more as I am heavy handed)

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring

1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

Combine the first six ingredients; rub over brisket. Place in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour half over the brisket, setting the remaining sauce aside in the fridge. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours until the meat is tender and shreds with a fork. Serve with the reserved sauce.

***The only thing I did differently from the original recipe was add a little water to the crock pot, just about half way up the brisket as it freaks me out and makes me nervous to have a dry slow cooker.

The boys loved it!!

Sorry I forgot to take a picture.

No comments: