Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eat This - Not That ***Review***



Well, I have been informed by my Doctor that I need to make an immediate change in my lifestyle as some medical issues have come up. One of my problems that they are concerned about is that I have the cholesterol of a 75 year old, severely obese man which is not such a good thing when you are having trouble with your heart, not 75 nor severely overweight. Anyway, while at Target I saw the book, Eat This Not That by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding and grabbed it.
On the back of the book it states that "with this simple illustrated guide to thousands of foods - along with the nutrition secrets that lead to fast and permanent weight loss - you'll make the smartest choice for you and your family, every time!

The front of the book states "thousands of easy food swaps that can save up 10, 20, 30 pounds - or more!
Basically, the book is filled with lots of pictures of products, everything from the perfect spices to beer and everything in between with lots of comparisons for each type of food.

For instance just making the switch from Haagen-Daz Mint Chip ice cream to Breyer's All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip you will save yourself 150 calories and 11 grams of fat!!!!
It is loaded with lots of food facts and nutritional information so I am hoping that with a little swapping I can cut my fats to a minimum.
A note on protein - according to this book, the FDA allows up to 5 fly eggs or 2 maggots per 500 grams. Yummy!!!!
Definitely a fun interesting book.


No comments: