Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recycling Old Artwork into New Projects

We recycled artwork that we recently made using simple pattern templates from Preschool Express and our Do-A-Dot Markers into Lacing Cards. I simply laminated the finished artwork, cut out the shape of the template and punched holes.

Lacing Cards are a great educational tool for preschoolers as they help promote fine motor skills and visual planning, which is something that I work on with both of my boys as much as possible.

One of the good things about making your own cards is that by varying the number of holes punched you can change the difficulty level. I use less holes in the cards that I make for my little guy so it is not so overwhelming for him.



I have also made them by laminating old cards or party invitations.

We like to use plastic lanyard string with a pony bead tied to the end.


My son's occupational therapist frequently has my son lace a border around his pictures on regular construction paper using curling ribbon.





No comments: