Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Color Mixing Fun

The boys and I read a cute book today about color mixing. The boys seemed so excited and curious to see what color the rabbit would turn into that I figured it was the perfect time for a little color mixing project.



Now, I have seen this several times and several different ways but I chose corn starch and water and of course food coloring. What ever method you choose make sure you tape the top of the bags closed to prevent an accident. I just used clear packing tape.

I used about 1 cup of the corn starch and approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup of water.







I probably could have added a little more water to the little guys since he had some trouble mixing it together as you can see by the look on his face in the next picture...


But it did not stop him from having fun!!





This would also be another great book to go along with this project.

No comments: