Monday, June 29, 2009

Dinosaur Theme Day - Part 1

Recently I received some comments on my post about our family's Reward/Activity Jar and more specifically our theme days. Theme days are a lot of fun and can even be spread out across a whole week if enough activities are planned. I usually keep the theme going for a day and just rotate the books, movies and activities each time it is chosen but that is just my personal preference.


The following is a short list of some dinosaur activities that are usually incorporated in ALL of our dinosaur days. I will be posting an extended dinosaur theme list shortly including crafts and learning activities, I am just waiting for us to have one so I can grab some pictures of the kids having fun.


First and foremost, no Dinosaur theme day can be rightfully started (or ended) without a rendition of Laurie Berkner's - We Are The Dinosaurs while having an all-out, ground stomping roar fest as loud as the kids (and neighbors) can handle.



We do lots of things with our big bucket of dinosaur counters such as sorting, counting and pattern work.




Lunch or dinner depending on the day, always consists of dinosaur chicken nuggets served with a side of trees (broccoli).



Although we read this book a lot on non-dinosaur days, it always makes it appearance when it is a theme day.

Any of the Jane Yolen & Mark Teague, How Do Dinosaur...books would also be a good choice too.



My boys love this DVD featuring Elmo and Abby...



But the Land Before Time series is another good choice.

Check back soon as I will be adding more of our dinosaur craft and learning activities real soon!

No comments: