Thursday, June 11, 2009

Berry Good Lunch/Breakfast Muffins

"Lunch Muffins" are still something that we love at our house, although I have not posted any new ones in a long time. If you are interested in my original Lunch Muffin post you can read it here or simply click Lunch Muffins on the right hand side of my posts.

I came across a simple breakfast/lunch/snack muffin idea that I decided to try today:

Here is what you need:

can of biscuits (I used Grands)
3/4 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves, jam or spread
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Since I used the Grands which are much larger biscuits then the ones in the 12 ounce can, I broke each one in half.

Preheat oven to 350.

Press the biscuits into each hole of your muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam or equivalent.



Mix the preserves and spices together an put about 1 teaspoon of the filling in each cup.


I used a big heaping teaspoon in each which resulted in a nice mess and bubble over.


Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan as the preserves turn to liquid when it is hot and will just pour out when you try to take them out.

Verdict: Just enough spice and the kids loved them, which is my whole idea.

I think the next time I make them I will add a little softened cream cheese in the mix to make them like little danishes. Sounds good to me.

No comments: