Friday, June 19, 2009

Fix It Up Friday - Week 3 - Velveeta Cheese


This week's ingredient is Velveeta Cheese!



This week I used a half a block of Velveeta to make my husband and I an amazing pot of Buffalo Chicken Soup - sorry no picture.

After some research, I just combined a bunch of recipes to come up with this:
  • 3 cups of shredded chicken
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 3 ribs of celery, chopped
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 2 cups of 2% milk
  • 1 - 14 oz. chicken broth
  • 4 ozs. Velveeta
  • 1/3-1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

First, in a large soup pot, I sauteed the onions, carrots and celery in the butter, when the onions were softened I added the flour and made a roux. Then I slowly added the 2% milk, once that was incorporated I added the remaining ingredients and cooked until slightly thickened. It was quick, easy and delicious.

Now I am left with a half block of Velveeta - any ideas?!?!

Please join in and share a recipe with my. Post your recipe on your blog and leave a link in the comments sections below. Feel free to take my little "Fix It Up Friday" picture to include in your post.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to tasting your recipes.

No comments: