Friday, July 3, 2009

Finish It Up Friday - Week 5 - Ranch Dressing Mix

Well it is Friday again and time to post a new recipe and this week's ingredient is Ranch Dressing Mix. I generally use one packet per recipe but I recently bought a huge bottle of the mix at BJ's and now am looking for some recipes to add to my arsenal. Any suggestions?

Here are two good recipes for this weekends celebrations!!
Super Easy Ranch Cheese Spread -

  • 2 (8 oz.) bars of Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 (1 oz.) package of powdered ranch dressing mix
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups pecans (optional)

In a medium size bowl, blend cream cheese, mix in ranch powder (I sometimes use a little less than a packet since I tend to think that it is very salty) and cheddar cheese. Shape into a ball and roll in the nuts or mix the nuts into the cheese mixture and place in serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Vegetable "Pizza"

  • 2 (8oz.) packages of Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 1 (1 oz.) package of powdered ranch dressing mix
  • Broccoli, finely chopped
  • Red Bell, finely chopped
  • Carrots, finely chopped
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Unroll crescent rolls, while pressing them together place them in and up the sides of two greased 9X13 cookie sheets or baking dishes. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool crust completely.

Chop up all veggies (feel free to add your favorites)

Mix softened cream cheese and the ranch powder, adding a splash of milk or sour cream to make it more of a spreading consistency.

Spread the cream cheese mixture on crusts, layer the veggies and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.

Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Do you have any recipes that your family loves that calls for some Ranch Dressing mix (or even actual Ranch Dressing)? If so, please share by posting it on your blog and adding a link in the comments section here. Feel free to use my "Finish It Up Friday" picture. Once I get some more people participating in these posts I will make it an actual button and add a Mr. Linky.

2 comments:

JM - The Princess said...

Hey Everybody, where are you? Nobody has a recipe to share?
I am just testing out my new e-mail address.

JM - The Princess said...

Me again still no recipes - Huh?!?

Still testing my new e-mail account, I hate that I was un-reply-able!