Friday, July 17, 2009

Jellyfish Craft

Jellyfish Collages
The boys had a great time making this one (they especially liked being tickled on their heads with the tentacles). I just wished that the thunderstorm waited a little while longer and we could have completed this one outside like I had originally planned as my kitchen took a beating.
Here is all you need to make some quick and easy jellyfish collages:
  • two sheets of clear contact paper
  • sheets of blue cellophane cut into strips
  • collage material (we used sequins, cut up little pieces of the blue cellophane, sand for our sandbox and glitter)
  • possibly some tape, my little guy but a lot of stuff on the edges which made it difficult to seal in some spots so I just closed it off with some clear tape

If you are interested in some more ocean/sea life crafts check out my post on our paper bag whales here.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I LOVE this! I will have to do it with my girls!

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your project! You can see it here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/contact-paper-jellyfish/

If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!