Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WFMW - Quiet Dr. Office Distractions


Recently I did a post on my son's delay of bedtime by playing with pipe cleaners (you can read the original post here so the rest makes sense to you). In an effort to get them away from him, so he would actually go to sleep I threw them in my pocketbook.


Fast forward a day - We were sitting in the pediatrician's office and the boys were starting to get antsy to say the least, so I reached into my pocketbook for some paper for them to scribble with and my son saw the pipe cleaners. To my surprise he wanted to play with them again. They both sat still the whole time while I made shapes, letters and numbers for them to identify.


Again, the picture below is not a secret code, just an example of what we were doing.


So I guess the moral of the story is, keeping some pipe cleaners in my diaper bag is what works for me!!

For some more great tips, stop by We Are That Family to see what others are posting about today.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! That's a great idea. My cats likes to fetch pipe cleaners.

Felicia said...

LOL!!! This is an excellent idea!

Taryn Zerner said...

Stopping by from SITS and wanted to welcome you to the SITStahood!

Love,
Taryn
http://www.lovetaryn.blogspot.com
http://www.lovetaryn.etsy.com

Aubrey said...

OK! That is a REALLY great, affordable idea! Love it! I'm sure my toddler will too!

Coming by from SITS to say Hello and WELCOME!